Arcana Famiglia - 03


 This episode turned out a lot better than the previous one. Despite giving off that otome feel to it (which I particularly dislike), I like how this episode turned out a lot funnier than the previous one and had actually done some developments on the characters.

Similar to last episode, this one focused on a rather different event. You know that I'm still looking forward to that Arcana Duello but all this filler-like episodes just makes me think that the Arcana Duello will come by the last 3 or 4 episodes of the anime. I hate to admit it but it's most likely like that. These first half will most likely be a complete repetition of this style. ANYWAY, this episode is about the 'Piccolino'. Apparently it's an event for the kids in Regalo and the Aracana Famiglia entertains them with jokes, stories and games.

What's really fun about this episode is their interaction with the kids and Luca's (Nakamura Yuuichi) preparation of food. Right at the beginning of the episode, I already find myself laughing with the ghost issue going around made by Luca. Anyway, that part was mostly an introduction to what's going on with this episode. Now for the actual event, I really enjoyed seeing how they interact with the kids (not that I'm a child-loving type of person - because I'm not). I like how Debito (Yoshino Hiroyuki) is unexpectedly good with kids. Oh the common irony, huh? Now I really like him! XD Of course I also enjoyed seeing both Libertà (Fukuyama Jun) and Pace act like a child most especially while playing Calcio and the ball hitting Luca was just EPIC! XD


Anyway, other than those child loving guys, there's also Nova (Yonaga Tsubasa) who makes me think of myself. He's does like going to the Piccolino because 'he has work'. It's obviously an excuse for not going because he doesn't know how to interact with the kids. He said kindness is a weakness but Sumire or 'Mama' (Inoue Kikuko) said that to be kind or to be weak holds something greater. What I agree most with her is saying that: as long as you wear that armor, you won't be able to grow anymore. It makes me think that sometimes you just need breakout from your usual self to get to know yourself better or actually see some improvements on yourself. ANYWAY, other than that Mama also said: Stop being scared of hurting others or being hurt yourself. I guess it's a pretty simple thought. The more you think about being hurt the less your enjoy things and the more you avoid exciting things.


Other than Nova, we also get to see something from Libertà. First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really amazed at Fukuyama Jun's voice acting ability. For me, he's like a second Miyano Mamoru because he has  a pretty good range of characters from the cranky characters like Aoi Tori from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon to the most serious characters out there such as Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch. Anyway, that’s not the point here. We were shown of a time where Libertà was actually able to use his power. He can't remember what happened but he was able to save Dante (Kosugi Jurota) from something dangerous. I really have fate on the Fool Arcana from the description I've given on my first impression post. I'm pretty sure that we'll see something amazing from Libertà soon.

With how this episode go, I wouldn't say that Arcana Famiglia has regained itself from that failed episode 2. Although this one came in a lot better but still feeling a bit like a filler episode, I'm still hoping for something better next episode. The slight development on our main characters was a pretty good touch although still a disappointment. And the appearance of 'Elmo' was something interesting. I don't know if he'll have something to do with the following arcs but he's definitely a mystery.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...