Spring 2013 First Impressions.


Spring season definitely never lets down.

There're always a lot of watchable series and a few of my faves series are also aired in spring. In 2010, I remember watching Angel Beats! at 2011, Steins;Gate was aired at 2012, KuroBas, Hyouka, Uchuu Kyoudai,  Tsuritama and Sakamichi no Apollon aired. This year, I'm not exactly sure which series will stick to me throughout the years but I'm definitely eyeing on Shingeki no Kyojin. While there are still a number of interesting series out there, I've decided to marathon them later on (or if I really can't resist, I can just watch them later :3) and that includes the well received Suisei no Gargantia, Red Data Girl, and Kakumeiki Valvrave.

If you'll notice, I've also added up some jdrama which I am currently watching. I kind of developed some interest in them after finishing a couple of pretty interesting and good series and movies :3

Uta noPrince-sama Maji Love 2000% (episodes seen: 1)
My first impression on UtaPri can be read here.
Sure the cast matters to me but I also take my patience into account when watching. With how embarrassing their opening scene was in ep1 and how uninterested I was in it definitely gives me the right to place this on-hold. I'll probably go back to this after the season.


Karneval (episodes seen: 4)
My first impression on Karneval  can be read here. My weekly posts can be read here.
Karneval's fine cast, colorful art and fantastic animation, Nai's innocent act and the mystery of his missing brother figure (is he? Okay, he's not. But he's supposedly the closes person to Nai) topped with Yogi's entertaining comedy stunts and lines makes Karneval pretty much amusing to watch despite its lack of character development and excitement.


Hataraku Maou-sama! (episodes seen: 4)
My impression on Maou-sama! Defientiely changed after watching the 2nd episode. The first episode was mostly fun and it kind of gave me the impression of being similar to Ixion Saga DT which I kind of like. Although it still remains to be amusing, I'm kind of disappointed that the whole Maou-san working at Mgronalds was being set aside. Just what happened to that? I thought we're going to see him conquere the world and become Mgronalds manager or something? x_x Anyway, seeing some actual plot on Maou-sama! isn't really a bad thing. Oh, and did I mentioned that Ente Isla's language is pretty entertaining to listen to? LOL.


Devil Survivor 2 THE ANIMATION (episodes seen: 4)
Devil Survivor 2's best appeal is obviously its stunning art and animation which probably can't be matched by any other series this season. At the very least from what I've seen so far.
Saving the world. Demons being controlled via cellphone. Main character with nothing but the sake of other people in mind. Devil Survivor 2 haven't actually taken my attention in terms of story. It hasn't let me grip the edge of my seat from excitement, interest nor suspense. But I do have to admit that Nicaea (am I right here?) is an interesting software :3 Anyway, with only 13 episodes, I don't know what they plan to do in here nor how the flow will continue. But I'll certainly see this until the end.


Arata Kangatari (episodes seen: 4)
My first impression on Arata Kangatari can be read here. My follow up thoughts (as of ep2) can be read here.
I guess it was wrong of me to expect that I'd absolutely love this series. First of all, I'm not exactly the fantasy-series fan person; second, just because one of my fave VA is voicing the main character doesn't exactly mean that the series will be great and finally, after watching ep1 I should have realized that Arata is basically one of the nicest main character out there. With that said, I'll still continue watching Arata Kangatari for now despite my lack of interest in it still hoping that somewhere along the way I'll be absorbed in it.


Shingeki no Kyojin (episodes seen: 4)
My first impression on Shingeki no Kyojin can be read here. My follow up thoughts (as of ep4) can be read here.
What I probably love about Shingeki no Kyojin is how it practically makes me look forward to each despite how its cliffhanger isn't exactly that big. With already four episodes up, Production I.G has definitely showed us that the first episode isn't just for show. The animation gets a bit shabby at times but I absolutely like its art style. I'd always look at Eren's reactions, Mikasa's stoic face, how action is shown through the line thickness (ohh, something manga-like, huh?), and not to forget, the titans' designs especially the colossal titan. Being a 2-cour series and seeing how the pacing is, I have no idea how this will proceed :3 but this is definitely topping my list as of now.


Aku no Hana (episodes seen: 4)
My first impression on Aku no Hana can be read here. My weekly posts can be read here.
Aku no Hana has definitely disturbed the anime community not only by its story, which is deemed pointless other than its discomforting atmosphere, but also because of its art. The rotoscoping which is used in the series became most of the viewers' issue in watching the series and this includes the avid readers of the manga. Anyway, why I watch this series basically falls down to my interest on the characters - how Kasuga will continue to face both Saeki and Nakamura, how Kasuga and Nakamura's relationship go, will Saeki ever found out that Kasuga took her clothes? If so, how will she react to that? How will she face him? I enjoy Kasuga's displeasure and I like how Nakamura's pushing through her idea that Kasuga's a pervert despite his obviously pure character. Each episodes tries to increase the viewers interest but from ep4, I think that certain points just don't connect - Saeki's actions, Kasuga's continuous fear on Nakamura… Just how will this story conclude?


To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S (episodes seen: 3)
The thing is I like Railgun more than Index. Okay, that's not the point but I'm just saying . LOL.
Same slice of life feel. Same fun characters. Same typical Railgun action. I like Railgun only to the extent that I'm amused whenever I watched it. It's not exactly the exciting series for which would get me impatient for the next episode every week. Anyway, I initially thought that this season will be like a continuation of the Sisters Arc, something that will pick up from where Toaru Majustu no Index left from (I've only seen S1). Guess I was wrong. This 2-cour, 24episodes (is MAL not mistaking this?), of Railgun S will basically be about the Sisters Arc probably in full detail and entirely on Mikoto's point of view. Either way, I'm enjoying this show and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Accelerator soon :3


Mushibugyou (episodes seen: 4)
My first impression on Mushibugyou can be read here.
When I picked up Mushibugyou, I knew exactly what to expect and that expectation wasn't blown off. The action, battle scenes, comedy and even the characters were as I expected. What probably came off from me was how much I never expect myself to actually find this pretty watchable. I initially thought that I'd get bored half way or somewhere along an episode but it came out pretty decent and not exactly the boring-I'd-rather-stop-watching-this-for-awhile kind of thing.


YUYUSHIKI (episodes seen: 1)
In my Spring Anime List post I said I'd like to enjoy some random slice of life series. Something totally random and comedic. Something like GJ-bu or Acchi Kocchi or whatever else nice out there. Guess Yuyushiki isn't exactly as fun as those series. Yuyushiki is mostly about those girls randomly talking about everyday stuff mainly like Nichijou or Lucky Star but I kind of find Yuyushiki a bit boring. Okay. Not a bit boring but actually boring. AND 'Data Processing Club'? I've only seen ep1 and does that mean they're like a 'Google' school club? LOL. Either way, I'm placing this on-hold.


Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. (episodes seen: 4)
I honestly can't remember much about the first season so I wasn’t exactly excited for this second season. What I probably remember clearly from last season (and the 4-episode specials) was how much I like Kyousuke as an onii-chan (and as a character in Oreimo) and how much I like Nakamura Yuuichi as his VA.  I marathon the first four episodes a couple days ago and it was definitely enjoyable to watch. There aren't anything notable for me yet and I'm not really joining the Kuroneko x Kirino fight out there 'cause I'm not really a fan of either of them. I'm just out here to watch Oreimo for its anime culture, see Akihabara in anime (LOL) and watch one of my fave anime onii-chan, Kyousuke :3


Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (episodes seen: 2)
Hmmm… I've been reading good things about this series since it began. I've only seen two episodes and after those explanation regarding the whole 'game' and the killing tools, I'd have to agree that this is definitely a must to watch this season. Setting the interesting death game aside, I also like how the fight scene is shown. The match between Yamane and Kiri is kind of reminded me of how much I enjoyed watching BTOOOM!. Of course I don't think Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge is psychological, I'm merely talking about the excitement of that scene. That match. That death match. >:]


35-sai no Koukousei (episodes seen: 2)
My first jdrama for the season. Highschool life. Bullying. Mystery. Yes, mystery. 35-sai no Koukousei reminded me of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, the live action one (haven't read the manga). Okay, they're entirely different stuff but I just had the same feel on them. Take note that 35-sai no Koukousei doesn't have romance and stuff like that. Basically, 35-sai no Koukousei takes on the topic of highschool bullying and tackles it in an interesting way by enrolling a 35-yr old lady named 'Baba Ayako' (Yonekura Ryoko) who's main goal is probably take down bullying through her own way. BUT the mystery I saw in here is Baba-san's real intention in enrolling and her relation with the chairman (or is it the board of education?). Either way, I'm pretty interested at how things will go. I'd like to see Baba-san take on those who bullies :3


This is practically my first encounter with Itazura na Kiss. I haven't seen the first live action adaptation, other countries' version nor the anime adaptation. SO yeah, I'm practically new to this series. I'll enjoy it, dislike it or whatever else only based on what I'd see here and so far, I've only seen up to ep2 (each episode is like 45mins or something. Not really 20mins anime short so each episode is seriously packed).
Anyway, here's my impression so far, Kotoko (Honoka Miki) is quite an annoying character. She doesn't look good. Her talking is a bit annoying. AND her stupidness is annoying. Irie-kun (Furukawa Yuki) looks okay. Not exactly good looking or the bishounen type but Furukawa Yuki is doing a pretty nice job (I was personally surprised to see him act cold after seeing him in Rich Man Poor Woman). Kotoko's best friend, Jinko (Fujimoto Nanami) is certainly more annoying that Kotoko most especially after the study-photo incident. Then there's Ikezawa Kinnosuke (Yamada Yuki) who overreacts all the time. ohgod, this show is filled with annoying stuff -_- Final verdict: so much annoying stuff. I'm placing this on-hold. Don't know when I'll get back to this -_-


Kazoku Game (episodes seen: 1)
I don't exactly know what convinced me to watch this series. Guess this was just me looking for something that involves human drama that involves changing lives and such. Similar to 35-sai no Koukousei, Kazoku Game is simply tackling issues in school but not exactly centered in bullying. Heck it's not even centered in school. It's probably about life and family and relationships in general. The first episode (which is the only one subbed so far) is a pretty nice combination of comedy and seriousness. A mystery is also being opened up in here. Yoshimoto Koya (Sakurai Sho) is a home tutor and he's seriously, seriously weird. And the reasons for his action will definitely be unveiled later on in the series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...