Shingeki no Kyojin 09: Seriously!? How are they going to escape now!? ( ̄□ ̄;)

Shingeki no Kyojin declared that its main characters are Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Arlert. But it seems that the camera likes following Eren thus making him the main-main-character.
>>Contains major anime spoilers.

Eren as the main character of Shingeki no Kyojin grew in me in just a couple of episodes. He's not exactly strong; he's not exactly weak either. He's a great spirit and never lost sight of his goal. Well every character have their own strengths and weaknesses, right? :)

Then episode 5 came.


Killing Eren, the established main character, at the 5th episode of a 2-cour series seems like a big deal. For anime-only viewers it seems like a pretty bold move for the series and it only made them watch even more for this kind of excitement. Well I'm pretty sure we all knew that he'll come back sooner or later. Well at the very least I had the hope that he'll be back (and eventually he did ).


Now this part of the story in episode 6 made my impression of Eren even better. He really knows how to pull people up. It's not only Mikasa, even Armin and Connie Springer were definitely influence by Eren.

Then this guy came into the picture.


Those eyes! How in the [#@&%] did this happen?! Now I remember certain someone getting injected with something in the flashback! -MAL forum.


The buzz about Eren was given a shot was brought up thus loosing episode 8's surprise factor of having Eren come out of a titan's body. Well not that it was so much of a surprise since hits were pointer out other than the injection he received.

Fast forward to the latest episode, all we see here is Eren being rejected by his fellow human beings for something HE DOESN'T KNOW. Whatever it was that his father injected him, it's not exactly what I'd like to see in Shingeki no Kyojin. Personally, it has taken Shingeki no Kyojin to something a little absurd. But that's just me ranting on how much I disliked the idea.


I really like how Shingeki no Kyojin makes each episode packed with enough level of drama, action and suspense. Then episode 9 came. It wasn't exactly bad. I'm generally just disappointed at how it wasn't able to keep up with the previous episode' intensity - the action (well except for that damn amazing Levi intro), the drama and the suspense. But I guess my whole point of focusing this post on Eren was the fact that I disliked how Shingeki no Kyojin has taken a route of making Eren a super-main-character (LOL). Seriously!? He became a titan (a seriously deformed one) by just biting the hell out of his hand to bring out his blood. What is he a deadman (Deadman Wonderland reference here!)!? I'm pretty sure that Shingeki no Kyojin can do better than this.


~well whatever explanation they have in their sleeves, a breathtaking action and episode7-like drama can only pull this series up for me. This is just me ranting by the way :P
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...