Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku: going-home club finally a reality! another average school-comedy series here.


AND SO I decided to start my Summer anime season off with a fairly typically-fun everyday life comedy series.

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku is everything that I've expected except for the segmented-pacing but I guess it's normal for a senseless-comedy-centered series. Its comedy style makes me think of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Joshiraku and a little bit of Cuticle Tantei Inaba. I'm also eyeing on Lucky Star for comparison but sadly I can't really remember what's up with it -__- While the three mentioned series kept me entertain for most of its run, seeing how this episode of Kitakubu went, I doubt I'll have the same enjoyment here.

What made Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku unique from all the slice of life series out there? It's the fact that their school has its own real and existing Kitakubu - Going Home Club (or something like that). The first episode mainly focused on the establishment of the club members through funny stories and small conversations between the members. Pretty much, I expect this series to have the same flow throughout its run by continuously giving off funny everyday life moments and as well as off-reality stories (awdamn, that bear-story with Botan-senpai was freaking shit in a good way. I had fun, really).


In terms of characters, I was kind of reminded me GJ-bu and Seitokai Yakuindomo. First off, we have our main character Andou Natsuki (Ibuki Kido) who plays the straight man of this comedy group. Touno Karin (Mitsuki Yuna) looks like a the spirit freshmen of the club but she also looks a bit innocent to me (that icecream thought -__-). Then there's Kokonoe Claire (Ayaka Senbongi) who plays the ojou-san of the group with a rich family background and would like to live a 'normal' highschool life by enrolling to a normal highschool. Another senpai from Kitakubu aside from Kokonoe is Oohagi Botan (Sae Aiuchi) who's more like the 'man ' of the club. She's the successor to their family's ancient martial arts style. Finally we have the club president who, to Natsuki's disappointment, has a normal background (awgod, heir to her grandmother's sewing scissors. lol) but she's definitely lively enough to be the club president :3

Heading over to the overall look of the series, unlike other slice of life-school series out there Kitakubu has that dull atmosphere (in my opinion). It's not flashy or relaxing but it does try to keep up with its comedy-centered style of art. Probably it has immediate punch-line art style which is highly similar to Cuticle Tantei Inaba although its punch line throw frequency isn't exactly the same. Cuticle Tantei Inaba wins me over. Charater designs are a bit dull as well but they are definitely distinguishable from each other. They definitely aren't exactly the unique types out there and they look a bit old-school for me x__x (I don't exactly know what I'm trying to say here. lol) but I do like their chibi counter parts during comedy moments :3


Overall, Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku isn't exactly the type of series that's worth the time. It looks a bit dull and boring but the comedy's more of a so-so to me. There're definitely more stuff to watch out there but if you're interested to see what the Kitakubu does, I guess it can't be helped. LOL. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...