[REVIEW] A Little Something Different

Series: N/A
Author: 
Sandy Hall
Genre:
 young adult, contemporary, romance, chick lit, 
Published:
 August 26, 2014
Publisher: Swoon Reads

Lea and Gabe are in the same creative writing class. They get the same pop culture references, order the same Chinese food, and hang out in the same places. Unfortunately, Lea is a little aloof, Gabe is shy, and it looks like they are never going to work things out.
But something is happening between them, and everyone can see it. Their creative writing teacher pushes them together. The baristas at the local Starbucks watch their relationship like a TV series. The bus driver tells his wife about them. The waitress at the diner automatically seats them together. Even the squirrel who lives on the college green believes Lea and Gabe were meant to be together. 
Fall in love with falling in love in this irresistibly romantic, completely original novel! 

*             *             *

I picked up A Little Something Different because I like cute romances; I like books with several points of view; I like watching shy boys; and I love books with beautiful covers :D

A Little Something Different is a really cute romance with an overwhelmingly large amount of point of views. I really enjoyed the romance between Lea and Gabe. They look at each other. They like each other. They don't know how to approach each other. While the two of them looks really great for each other, I wasn't really invested in them. I ship them but I didn't really care so much about them. It's a pain not to fall in love with the couple when the book is focused on them - on their romance.

Generally, I blame my disinterest in many of the POVs. Being told in several first person POVs and none of which involves the main characters is really unique, in my opinion. I've never read anything like it but that's what bothered - that's what made me feel far from the romance that's going on. I wasn't engaged in Lea and Gabe's relationship.

OVERALL, A Little Something Different is a really cute romance novel. It may not be for me but it could be for those who enjoys romance, watching others develop their own romantic relationship. It has multiple points of view and none which belongs to the main couple. This is a recommended read for readers who enjoys romance and shipping characters! :)

*             *             *

What I Like: (1) Gabe and Lea's personality (specially Gabe, haha), (2) the cute romance developing between the two, (3) the slow progression of their relationship - how they even have no idea how to approach each other (I'm a sucker for that, I guess)

What I Didn’t Like: (1) the fourteen viewpoints (I know it was one of the reasons why I got so excited for this but then, no. just no.), (2) I was not really invested in the romance between Lea and Gabe (I mean sure they're cute, I ship them but at the end of the day, I don't really care about them)



let's connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...