[WEEKLY MUSING] 2016 Releases I Can't Wait to Read

Hello,

I usually post my weekly musings on Sundays but I didn't open my laptop (or maybe barely open it) since my Christmas vacation started. I've been so busy with wrapping my and my mom's gifts and buying them - definitely tiring but certainly one of my fave things about Christmas.

In my last weekly musing post, I shared books I'd like to read before the year ends. I'm currently reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and I'm really loving it. I do see why everyone likes it more than the first book - the development that's going on around Celaena, Chaol, and Dorian is crazy. While I think my ship just sunk, I think that I'll still enjoy this series.

Anyway, here are books I'd really LOVE to get my hands on and immediately read once they are released this 2016:

Morning Star (Red Rising #3) by Pierce Brown. Golden Son ended in a cliffhanger - I mean just how did Darrow and Mustang ended there? And Fitchner!! And bloodydamn everything else!! ugh. I really just have a major NEED to read this book already!
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. Ruta Sepetys is an auto-buy author for me. When I found out that she'll have a new novel more so that it's a WWII novel, I knew I should read it. Between Shades of Gray was a heartbreaking but lovely read. With that in mind, I'm sure this one will be as good or hopefully even better.
Stone Field by Christy Lenzi. Saw this on a WoW post a few months back and found out that it's a Wuthering Heights Retelling which is one of the few non-Agatha Christie classics I've read and liked.
The Last Star (the 5th Wave #3) by Rick Yancey. The Infinite Sea was full of revelations that I'm still quite confused about. This final book will obviously clear everything and hopefully will have a satisfying ending.
Stars Above (the Lunar Chronicles Novella Collection) by Marissa Meyer. I still haven't read Winter. I know, I suck. My local bookstores suck. Anyway, while my three of my paperback books have three of the novellas that will be featured here, I still haven't read them (I feel so weird for not reading them).

This is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang. While I wasn't fond of her book, Falling Into Place, being quite similar to a couple of others in the same genre, it still moved me. It made me want to read her future books which starts with this one.
Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard. While I wasn't that fond of the first book, I still enjoyed it. I like the world. I like Cal and Maven. I like the climax. I'm still really excited to read this next book and see how things will go.
The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters. I've only read Cat Winter's In the Shadow of Blackbirds. I still can't find her other books on local books (ugh). The blurb really caught my attention - historical fiction, white woman x African-American man daughter, the Ku Klux Klan, that twist on her father's death.. just how can this get more interesting?
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. The cover reminded me of The Queen of Tearling for a while there because of the border and lettering style. ANYWAY, when I came across inspired by Indian mythology, I just got excited because I haven't read anything based on Indian myth (and admittedly, I've never read anything Indian Mythology stories.. or maybe I have.. maybe two..). And I just found out that the author is actually half-Indian and half-Filipina!!
Firstlife by Gena Showalter. I've only read around three novels by Gena Showalter and I'm pretty sure she has A LOT. She's more of an 'okay' author for me but when I read Firstlife's blurb, I got really interested.

Books Without Final Covers (and titles)
Memento Mori by Amy Zhang.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. After reading Cinder, Marissa Meyer just became an insta-read. Her humor, her characters, her romance, her world, and her writing!!
Untitled (Cormoran Strike #4) by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling). The ending of Career of Evil was really crazy. How things will proceed between Strike and Robin really intrigues me. And after each novel, Rowling writes a more thrilling, elaborate, and grotesque crime-mysteries.
The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares was a really sweet and cute romance. I had fun reading it and the ending made me want more of Dash and Lily's relationship. So when I found out about this, I knew I must read it!

*             *             *

How about you guys, what 2016 Releases are you looking forward to? Do we have the same books? Can you give me more books to look forward to on 2016?



let's connect!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...