[WEEKEND READS] Salt to the Sea + Fury

Ruta Sepetys!!
Hello,

With finals && thesis around the corner, I've become busier than before. At the same time, I continue to read on my spare time hence my lack of activity. I've finished a few books since I posted my last weekend reads post (which was a month ago).

Anyway, I'll continue to be busy in the next couple of weeks (yes, including the upcoming Holy Week - for Catholics - since I have plans to do by then) but I'll continue to read and I'll be posting my personal book challenge update soon! So excited for vacation (2nd week of April!!).

ICYM: I'm giving a way a SIGNED COPY OF RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard.

UnDivided (Unwind #4) | Neal Shusterman
I LOVE the ending of the Unwind Dystology! It gave proper for everyone especially for Connor && his family - totally made me tear up. Lots of crazy things happened to this book that I somehow did not see coming. I mean sure, I expected the outcome but I didn't know how they will be done. Shusterman has really done it well! Now I'm looking forward to his next book - Scythe. Review to come!
The Selection (the Selection #1) | Kiera Cass
I read The Selection because of its overwhelming popularity. I've NEVER read the blurb but I have a vague idea of the story - the search for Prince Maxon's fiance and next queen. I had low expectations for this because I was expecting it to be a romance-y series that gets really annoying. I was stand corrected though. I ended up really enjoying this and I'll be getting the next book soon! Review is scheduled for next week! :)

Salt to the Sea | Ruta Sepetys
I LOVE Ruta Sepetys. So when she announced a new novel. I got so excited. When I found out that it'll be another WWII novel. I got even more excited! Then when I read that it'll cover another event that's not commonly told. I cannot wait to get my hands on it! I'm a few pages in and I'm liking it although I'm having issues on not remember characters because of the four POVs and how extremely short each chapters are. But I guess it takes getting used to.
Fury (the Cure #1) | Charlotte McConaghy
I really like the premise of Fury. It's about the removal of the emotion 'anger' in order to prevent chaos. It's like taking away a huge part of a person's life. The concept had me interested. I'm half way through and I think that it's more of an 'okay' read for me. It's good. It's interesting. I'm honestly interested at what will happen next - how things will go for Josi. Hopefully things will get better.

Melancholy (the Cure #2) | Charlotte McConaghy
I got the entire series for review. SO yeah... Fury is generally an 'okay' read for me for now but crossing my fingers that it gets better. I haven't read the blurb of Melancholy and I'd like to stay that way.
The Elite (the Selection #2) | Kiera Cass
I borrowed The Selection a week back from the library and now I'm ready to pick up the next book. I LOVE Prince Maxon (although he feels a bit generic for me... but I'm definitely Maxon over Aspen).


*             *             *

How about you guys, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?


let's connect!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...