[WEEKEND READS] Everything, Everything, Everything!!

Hello,

I'm a week away from vacation!! I'm done with my thesis topic defense. Now onto more difficult things! It's exciting and scary and I don't know what else. I'm just hoping to get it all done with. I'll be working on my final projects next week which are to be submitted by Friday. For now, I just want to sit back and read. I missed a lot of reading, I think, and would love to remedy that.

ICYM: I'm giving away a SIGNED COPY OF RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard. Just a few more days to go!!

Brooklyn of Fire (Mary Hadley Mystery #2) | Lawrence H. Levy
I finished this a few days ago and it was a lot better than I expected. It was really thrilling had a few twist I did not see coming. I LOVE the historical bacground and the use of real famous historical people. Review to come!
Cruel Crown (Red Queen #0.1 - #0.2) | Victoria Aveyard
Red Queen was generally an 'okay' read for me. I love its world and the twist was decent at best. I decided to go for this because (1) Victoria Aveyard went to the Philippines (LOL), and (2) just for teh sake of reading things that happened before Red Queen. I didn't exactly liked it. I mean it's okay but it would totally be fine if I never got my hands on this book.

The Art of Not Breathing | Sarah Alexander
I'm liking this! Dead brother, an inner struggle. I haven't gone far but I think I have an idea of what will happe later. Despite that, I'm hoping that I'll still love this. I have a feeling that it's going to be a heartbreaking read.
Everything, Everything | Nicola Yoon
I started reading this last night when I was supposed to be focused on studying for my thesis topic defense. But NO, I read this. I few chapters up and I wanted more. MORE! But I had to rest. I HAD TO! So I did. I'll continue it this weekend and hopefully finish it. I LOVE how it's not a conventional book - it was so many images and such (ugh, what do you bloodydamn call that? I'll post photos next time!).

Okay, I just realize that I'm reading two contemporaries at the same time. Wrong decision. Ugh. I hate reading books of the same genre at the same time. Ugh.

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) | Sarah J. Maas
I don't know why I don't ever binge read this series but I have all books until Queen of Shadows when I started Throne of Glass. Something must be terribly wrong with me. But yeah, I'll continue this soon. After Everything, Everything :)
The Girl in the Ice (DCI Erika Foster #1) | Robert Bryndza
I haven't had my dose of crime fiction thriller in a while. Okay, I just finished Brooklyn of Fire but it's cozy soooo yeah.. a thrilling read is definitely what I need next. And I've nothing but great things about this book!


*             *             *

How about you guys, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?


let's connect!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...